Goods Vehicle Operator Forms
The tools in your Licensing Armoury
There are many forms that operators will require at some point during their career within the industry. Asides from the obvious application form at the outset, there are forms relevant to those who will become involved in International transport operations.
As is the case with the VOSA Guides within this section, we've provided a brief overview of each with a link to enable you to download the same from within the Transports Friend website, which can be done by either clicking on the image or using the text link provided. All forms are in either pdf or word format.
- TIR Application Forms
- Transfer of Operating Centers - GV72
- Application for a Goods Vehicle Licence - GV79
- Additional Guidance for completion of Goods Vehicle Licence - GV79G
- Application for a Goods Vehicle Licence - Environmental Information - GV79E
- Details of Transport Manager to be Named on a Licence (Standard Licenses only) - TM1
- Application to Change Vehicles or Surrender a Licence - GV80
- Application to change Type of Licence and/or Notification of change of Transport Manager - (GV80a)
- Application for Major Changes - GV81
- Additional Guidance on Advertising - GV81 (Advice Note)
- Maintenance Agreement - GOL6
- Other downloadable forms and Guides on the VOSA Website
These forms relates to those operators who undertake the international transport of goods under cover of TIR Carnets. This application form is for certification of the vehicle(s) that you as an operator require to be covered and which fulfil the technical requirements as laid down.
Design-Type for a Series of Road Vehicle Load Compartments (GV65)
Initial Certificate(s) of Approval for Individual Road Vehicles
produced under a Design-Type Authorisation (GV69)
Variation Certificate Covering Changes to an Authorised Design-Type
Road Vehicle Load Compartment (GV204)
Commercial Vehicle operator licensing forms
1. To be submitted with a GV79 form (in the case of a new licence application)
2. To be submitted with a GV81 form (in the case of an application to vary a licence)
There are notes for guidance (GV79G) available to assist in completing this form (see below), these should be used in conjunction with the GV79 to ensure it is completed correctly.
One thing to remember with this form, if you wish to add vehicles to your licence without removing any, you can only do so if you have a margin allowance, if you haven't, you'll need to complete form GV81.
Application to change Type of Operator Licence
To assist in completing this form, you'll require a copy of the Guide for Operators - GV74.
This form (GV80a) covers two functions as follows:-